Wednesday, March 19, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!


Yesterday I celebrated my 29th birthday!!! My husband refuses to say that I'm 29, he just reminds me that I'm almost 30! Lol

I don't mind getting older. It seems like life just gets better with time. I received a beautiful flower cake from my husband (who will be 28 in May,so he's right behind me in age). I love that he has accepted the fact that I LOVE flowers. Who needs a cake with all the calories when you can have a beautiful display of flowers.

Just so you know, in our home when one person is celebrating a birthday it's like it's everybody's birthday. The boys light up at the thought of cake and the possibility of fun activities. Orlando even tried to convince me to celebrate my birthday at Chuck E Cheese. My husband wants all the good food and Tyson just wants an excuse to possible make it to the toy store since everyone is in a good mood. Believe me, he doesn't mind gaining a toy or two from someone else's birthday.

We ended up having dinner at the Melting Pot ( a fondue restaurant) on Sunday to kick off my birthday week. I chose fondue because I thought it would be a great experience for the kids, the dessert and cheese dips are excellent, and the kids ate free on Sunday..so this was a no brainer! Of course Orlando enjoyed every last bit of it and Tyson constantly called his entrée (shrimp & chicken) creatures. He didn't touch one creature! Typical Tyson...
Because it was my birthday, I left with some chocolate covered strawberries which were delicious (I didn't share).

Yesterday, on my actual birthday we celebrated by simply having a family day. We explored Madison a little, had lunch at a new steakhouse close by and enjoyed sushi for dinner (I love sushi).

Oh I can't forget, my Gigi's Cupcakes were delicious. The last two years I've been celebrating with cupcakes instead of a cake. This helps with portion control!:) I would definitely eat an entire cake if you let me (remember, I'm a recovering sugar addict).

Overall, it was a good day! I'm just so grateful for my health and my family. Life is good.:)



 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10