Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Break Fun

 
 
 

Spring Break 2014 has come and gone. The boys and I got a chance to spend some extra time with daddy. Just one of the perks of working for a University (or any school system). The last two days before he had to head back to work, we took an impromptu trip to Chicago. It looks like this will become a regular thing since it's a hop, skip and a jump away! Because it's still cold out, getting a last minute hotel room in the city was easy. I'm guessing when the summer months roll around this won't be the case. We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown Chicago. I try to stay somewhere in walking distance to Michigan Avenue ( shopping heaven *wink, wink*). As much as I like to score a new pair of shoes or jeans, everyone did a little shopping except for little old me. I think I will wait until summer so I can stroll Michigan Avenue solo...I need to focus! So many beautiful stores! :)  I was glad that Thomas treated himself to a few things. Sometimes I worry that he's working too hard and not enjoying anything. The boys did their shopping at the Lego Store, which I'm regretting now. Too many small pieces. I'm glad that they are constantly building things but the tiny pieces are driving me nuts. I bet if we go to the Lego Store in the near future I will let them get a million pieces all over again. I'm a sucker for a child's imagination.

I think the best part of the trip was The Shedd Aquarium. It's probably one of the best Aquariums that we've been to. The aquatic show was great, as well as the 4D movie. Everything about it was nice. Before we left we made a stop at Homeslice for some pizza. Although it wasn't the famous Chicago deep dish pizza it was delicious. The slices were huge. Of course, Tyson was in heaven. First a visit to the aquarium to see his animal friends, then pizza!! He couldn't have asked for a better day.:)

Overall, we had a great time. It's out of our character to just jump in the car and take a trip but I'm glad we stepped out of our comfort zone and went for it!

I'm hoping to take a trip back in the summer - just in time for Taste of Chicago.:)










No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10