Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Black Bean Burgers

My little helper is so happy that we are making black bean burgers!


Ty wanted mustard, Orlando wanted Ketchup, and daddy ditched the bread and ate it plain
My boys have been begging for me to make them some black bean burgers. They tried them at school for lunch one day and are now hooked. I was actually excited to hear this because like most preschooler, Ty is such a picky eater. He actually doesn't eat meat ( on occasions he will take a bite). Not sure if this will be a long life choice but as of now he cant stand the smell of it. Anywho,  finally got around to making the burgers and they were a hit! The whole family loved them. Check the recipe below.

( I did not include measurements because I eye everything. I will do better with future recipes).

 Bon appetit!

Ingredients:

1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
onion (optional)
garlic (optional)
mushrooms (optional)
seasoning of choice ( I used sea salt, Ms. Dash, a hint of pepper, and garlic salt)
bread crumbs or oats ( use if the black beans are too sticky...use as much as needed to keep your patty to together)
olive oil

Instructions

Mash the black beans with a potato masher ( I used my food processor since I don't have a potato masher. If you decide to use a food processor be careful to not turn your black beans into mush)
Saute (in a skillet with olive oil) whatever veggies you plan to include inside your burger.
Add the veggies to your black bean mixture.
Cook in a pan with olive oil until crispy on both sides.






2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! Ill be sure to try. Another good burger recepie is garlic and parsley burgers. I suppose you gould do it with the black bean burgers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. I will put garlic and parsley burgers on my list of foods to try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10