Thursday, January 23, 2014

How I deal with change and moving


People always ask me, "How do you deal with moving so much?" The truth is, I like change. I hate packing but I like change. Yes, I would love to stay put and "put down some roots " so to speak ,but there is plenty of time for that. I read a quote by Alan Watts that said, "The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance." This quote speaks to my life on so many levels. I choose to plunge right into life and I will dance this dance until the tune changes. My initial response to change may not be pure joy and bliss, but eventually I find the good in the situation. Moving 300 miles away from my family and friends was a drastic change for me, especially because this move came out of nowhere (but I guess they all have). Finding a home here was also a challenge. Coming from a big booming city, finding real estate has never been a problem. The homes here are a lot older and a decent rental is hard to find in the city. We were blessed to have found a nice home near the park and work. It's funny because I've come to appreciate the charm in this 1950's home. I love the little things such as our red front door, our cute white mailbox (I love that the mailman comes to the door), my chair by the window (for those quiet moments) and our eventful walks to the park.You never know what God is leading you to but learning to appreciate wherever you are in life can push you to strive for better or teach you to appreciate the simplicities of life; and I've been in both situations. Embrace the change and flow with it. Life is an adventure but you will miss it if you are always focused on things left behind instead of on the present moment and what's to be gained ahead. Every move has taught me something about myself, my marriage, friendships and my faith in God. If I wasn't open to the change, I would be blind to the opportunities that God has placed in my path. Spending more time with my boys for one. Being a stay-at- home mom was never my intention but having extra time with them has been a joy. My point is, change is inevitable. You can choose to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance or you can waste your time complaining and standing still. I say dance!  :)  Jessica B.










No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10