Wednesday, January 8, 2014

We're those parents





My husband has been waiting forever for the boys to be old enough to play a sport. Luckily, they are not only old enough, they desperately want to play. Before kids, and I guess even when we had kids, I would attend sporting events and see the parent who's screaming at their kid to get the ball, to stop crying and get up, or constantly snapping pictures and telling their kid to smile in the most awkward positions and I would say " I am so not going to be that way." Whelp, the day is here and my husband and I both failed miserably at not being those parents. It started with me asking the kids to pose outside in the 1 degree weather to take a picture (it only took a second, I swear). Before we could figure out what court the boys would be practicing on, my husband was snapping photos and telling Orlando to stand still so he can get a picture with his smart phone (a.k.a. the time guzzler....you can spend hours on a smart phone and wonder where your day went) . Meanwhile, I was on the sideline taking pictures with my huge camera while the parent next to me had to listen to endless clicks. In my defense, it was their first practice and well...they are my babies dang on it! So I will say in advance to any parent who will be sitting next to me in the bleachers this season - No, I will not scream and shout but I will definitely be taking pictures until my fingers catch a cramp! Sincerely, the unapologetic mom with the camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10