Monday, January 20, 2014

Daily Facial Cleansing Regimen

Fresh morning face...I'm getting lines under my eyes...yikes!!

30 is right around the corner and I've been really bad about having a regular facial cleansing regimen. I don't know what it is about hitting these age milestones that pushes you to get your stuff together. I've never had trouble with my skin but I can see the bags trying to settle in under my eyes and dark spot attempting to invade my cheeks. Therefore, I have to get serious about being regular about my skin care (another thing to add to my never-ending to-do list). For those of you who never have to worry about skin care, kudos to you. I use to be in your group but things change! Moving right along....:)

I am a Neutrogena girl, and have been for a while. I've tried all kinds of facial cleansers but I really love Neutrogena Deep Cleanse ($5.99 and it last for at least 2 months).Not only does it give my face that clean fresh feeling that I'm looking for but it's affordable! I have Normal skin, so I'm not sure if I would recommend it for dry skin types because a moisturizer is definitely needed after using this cleanser (after any cleanser for that matter).

Since my eyes are changing a bit (referring to the bags under my eyes) I use Neutrogena eye cream ($11.99 it was a splurge for me). I've been using this eye cream for about 2 months. I'm not sure if its mental but I can really tell a difference. I apply this eye cream in the morning and before bed. I apply it before the moisturizer because I want to make sure my skin gets the full effect of the eye cream without any distractions! Lol 

Lastly, for moisturizers I use The Neutrogena oil-free moisture ($9.99). I always make sure my moisturizer has SPF in it to avoid sun damage to my skin. This one is also good for normal skin. I really recommend using this right after washing your face (if not using eye cream) to give it some time on your skin before applying anything else. It really gives your skin a shine (b/c of the sunscreen) but the shine wears off pretty quick. I love using this in the winter months because my skin gets drier than usual. And that's it! That's my daily facial cleansing regimen. :)

As I continue with these skin care post, I will eventually post videos on how I actually cleanse my face and other techniques that I use. There are so many products out on the market but they can be so expensive! Right now, Neutrogena has been the most affordable product that's good on my skin so it will continue to be my go to facial brand. There are also different products and techniques to use when cleaning your face after a day or night of wearing make-up. Stay tuned for those post plus my secret weapon for maintaining healthy glowing skin!

Important Note: We all know that one of the most important ways to have healthy skin is WATER and plenty of it. I always know when I'm not getting enough water because it shows up on my face in the form of pimples and dry patches. So drink your water.

Happy Cleansing!



My Neutrogena Products



After my regimen

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10