Friday, January 17, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup



With Thomas sniffling and the boys not wanting to eat their vegetables, I thought Chicken Noodle Soup would take care of both of those issues. We all know that vegetable or chicken broth can help clear congestion, so putting this on my menu was a no brainer. Although I cook vegetables daily and have been since the boys were tiny, I still have a difficult time getting them to eat their daily serving. I'm glad to report that not only did they eat the soup, Orlando asked for seconds!! Tyson was good with one bowl, which is a victory all in itself! To make it even better, this is a crockpot recipe so you get to throw all the ingredients in and let the crockpot work its magic! I love, love, love my crockpot!!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

Ingredients:

1/2 bag whole wheat egg noodles
1 medium onion diced
1 cup of carrots, diced
1 cup of peas
1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 13oz. can of 98% fat-free chicken breast
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp.oregano
1tbsp. olive oil

Instruction:

1.  Add all ingredients except the noodles to the  crockpots, cook medium for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.

2. Add the noodles 30 minutes before serving. If you add the noodles too soon they will cook down to form a thicker sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10